Growing facial hair or a beard is something that the majority of males love to do. From young boys who like to keep stubble to those who age and prefer thick and heavy beards, there is something about facial hair that makes men feel confident and empowered. However, if you are growing your beard thick and heavy, knowing how to take care of it is important.
One common issue many bearded individuals face is beard dandruff, also known as "beardruff." Beard dandruff can be embarrassing and uncomfortable, but fear not. In this blog, we will let you know some tips to prevent beard dandruff.
What is Beard Dandruff?
We all know that beards can come with interesting surprises, like beard dandruff! What is beard dandruff, you might ask? The development of dead skin cells occurs when the skin sheds quicker than usual, leaving behind a noticeable collection of snowflake-like skin cell clusters.
What Caused It?
Before we can fix the flaky beard, we should look at the likely causes. Unfortunately, there is no single answer to this issue, but dry skin, bacteria, and improper grooming habits likely bring it on.
- Dry Skin: The skin underneath the beard can become dry and flaky due to a lack of moisture, especially if you live in a dry climate or use harsh grooming products that strip the skin of its natural oils. Apply beard growth serum with redensyl it will help to stimulate beard growth and add moisture & shine to beard.
- Improper Grooming Habits: Infrequent or improper beard washing and not exfoliating the skin beneath the beard can lead to the accumulation of dead skin cells, oil, and debris, contributing to dandruff.
- Fungal Infection:A yeast-like fungus called Malassezia can grow on the skin's surface, leading to irritation and dandruff in the beard area.
How Would I Get Rid of Flaky Skin Under My Beard?
Dealing with flaky skin under your beard can be bothersome, but there are several steps you can take to address and minimize the issue. Here are some tips to help you get rid of flaky skin under your beard:
- Exfoliation: Exfoliate the skin under your beard once or twice a week to remove any build-up of dead skin cells. You can use a gentle facial scrub or a soft-bristled beard brush to exfoliate the area.
- Moisturize: Keeping the skin beneath your beard well-hydrated is crucial. After washing and patting your beard dry, apply beard serum or a moisturizing lotion specifically designed for facial hair. Massage with beard hair growth serum into the skin to help keep it hydrated and prevent flakiness.
- Regular Washing: Make sure to wash your beard regularly with a mild, sulphate-free beard shampoo or a gentle facial cleanser. This will help remove dead skin cells and debris from the area.
How Can You Keep Beardruff at Bay Completely?
It's so important to take care of yourself, especially when it comes to facial hair. You have to take care of your daily routine to get rid of dandruff. Make sure to visit your dermatologist every 6 months to check that your skin is handling your facial hair well. Is it feeling itchy or tight? If it is, add a few more drops of beard grow serum. During a cool, dry climate, you might have to utilize a more extravagant cream to ensure your skin is adequately cared for.
The Primary Concern
Having a healthy and dandruff-free beard is a sign of good grooming. However, there are times when even with extra care, this problem still arises. But don't worry. It is easy to treat with a simple daily routine. Make sure to focus on both the hair and the skin beneath for best results.
If, after a few weeks, you still notice no improvement, it's best to talk to your doctor. They may recommend a prescription antifungal cleanser or steroid treatment. Once you're dandruff-free, maintain your routine for the best results. Try using organic beard growth serum to take your beard care to the next level.